Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Monday, May 4, 2015

Hello!

Hello Everyone!

This week was just great! Especially the weekend. We had Stake Conference in Kinston and Greenville and Elder Enrique Fallabella of the Seventy was there. Our Mission President and the Raleigh Temple President and their wives also attended, so we were greatly blessed. I learned so much, but if I could narrow it down to one thing it would be that I want to be as devoted and consecrated as possible, rather than merely doing the bare minimum. They talked a lot about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. In this regard you might think "What more can I do to draw nigh unto the Lord on His holy day?" rather than "Is it okay for me to [insert some recreational or inappropriate activity] on Sunday?"
It was also very enjoyable for me to meet with several of the ward members from my first area and shake their hands. Also, our investigator came! Along with the beautiful sunny weather, you could say it was quite an amazing weekend!
The Lord has blessed us recently with some investigators, or potential investigators from some of the members in our branch. I am grateful for this and my companion and I will do our best to help them receive the restored gospel.
I also learned from the conference the importance of sincerity. As we sang the song "The Spirit of God", I focused on the words and my heart swelled. I love the Lord and I am so grateful for all that He has done. I have noticed as well that when I study the scriptures with sincerity and desire I gain so much more out of them. I would invite each of you to live life with true and real intent and sincerity. Look for the good in all things and make the most of each moment. I know God lives and He loves each of us, His children. I love you all and hope everyone's week is magnificent!

With Love,
Elder Rogers

P.S. There was this sign that said 'Rodgers Town Farm'. They spelled it wrong. The good part is, my head fit the spot perfectly!


No comments:

Post a Comment