Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Faith is Power

Hello Everyone!

This week was one of nervous excitement. Our investigator got baptized on Saturday and on Sunday I confirmed him! Elder Egbert and I also spoke in Sacrament meeting. Whenever a big event such as those comes up I'm always nervous and extremely excited!
Throughout the week, we helped prepare him for his baptism, and by the time Saturday came around, he was quite ready. He was really excited as well! Our Ward Mission Leader helped out a lot and it was a very spiritual experience for all of us.
We also found a few new investigators this week that seem to have a lot of potential. One is a family. They're so nice and very interested in the restored gospel, so we're excited to continue teaching them. We have some other investigators that are also doing well. It was Monday evening that we met and taught many of these people and so our week definitely started out with a miracle!

Before I share a little bit of how my talk went yesterday, let me tell you how they asked us to speak. Last week, on Sunday morning, my companion and I were conversing with one of the young men in our ward as the members entered into the chapel for Sacrament meeting. We would greet them as they walked in. Somehow we got on the topic of speaking in Sacrament meeting, and I started telling the young man about how I had only spoken once my entire mission and I was coming up on my year mark, so I guess I would only have to speak twice for the whole two years. We laughed a little bit and I didn't think much more of it. At least until later, that is! After Church the same day, the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric came up to my companion and I and asked us to speak the following week! Haha when I told the young man he couldn't help but laugh. So that's how we were asked to speak.

My topic was "The Power of Faith". I'm so grateful that I had this opportunity. I learned so much! No matter what situation it is, the power of faith delivers us from bondage. Whether that bondage is physical (as with the Children of Israel and Moses) or spiritual (as with the bondage of sin that comes upon us) we can be delivered from it through the power of faith in Christ. Mosiah 7:33 seems to state it well. "But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." Faith is a principle of action and power and requires the use of our agency. I invite each of you to seek faith in our Savior and exercise it. I know that the Lord will deliver us as we have faith in Him and bring us true peace and happiness.
I love you all. Have an amazing week!

With Love,
Elder Rogers




No comments:

Post a Comment