Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Lay Hold Upon the Word of God

Hello Everyone!!

This week was great! On Thursday we had our Zone Conference. It was amazing! We talked about how we could more effectively plan and introduce The Book of Mormon. It was great to see all the other missionaries and feel the Spirit in such great abundance. During a short testimony meeting at the end, many of the missionaries shared short testimonies of Christ. What a beautiful feeling it is to feel the Holy Ghost bear record of the Father and Son! We felt Their love and were all uplifted.

The next day we did exchanges with some of the Elders in our Zone. Elder Ray came here to our area and my companion went to theirs. At our dinner appointment with some members, the father told me that I should grab some seconds. So I did and began to eat again. When I finished, he said I should take some more! Haha I ended up eating 4 servings and being quite full. Perhaps next time, Ill just tell him I'm on a diet. But it was a great appointment and we watched #Hallelujah with them.
This week I was reminded that there is great power in the scriptures! I thought a lot about how we must liken the scriptures to our lives and how we must treasure them up in our minds. The scriptures truly do teach us all things that we should do! (2 Nephi 32:3) In 1 Nephi 19:23, Nephi says, " And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning." I know that the Scriptures are true. I promise that as you read them, your faith in Christ will increase, and you will one day " land [your soul]... at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers, to go no more out." (Helaman 3:30) What a wonderful promise! God has spoken. May we continually hold fast to His word in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love each of you. Have a fantastic week!!

With Love,
Elder Rogers




No comments:

Post a Comment