Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Century-the temperature and the school

Hello Everyone!

This week was great! I'll start out by explaining the title of this email. First of all, it was quite hot this week. 100 degrees and around that on Thursday and Friday! Along with the humidity it makes you extremely grateful for air conditioning! As far as Century, the school, we had transfers this week. There were 18 new missionaries and when I saw Elder Bennett, I exclaimed, "Are you from Pocatello??" He responded with, "I went to Century! Don't you remember me?" It was fun to see him. It's always exciting to greet and be with all of the brand new missionaries.

Sunday was pretty exciting as well. On Saturday we gave a call to an investigator we haven't taught in a little while. She could never come to church before because she worked on Sunday. But we just called her out of the blue yesterday and invited her. She came! Apparently she didn't have to work. Church was quite spiritual and we felt the great joy of the Sabbath Day.

I've been reading this week from the Index in the back of The Book of Mormon under the reference, "Jesus Christ, Atonement Through". I found a verse that I absolutely love! It is in 2 Nephi 11:5. "And also my soul delighteth in the covenants of the Lord which he hath made to our fathers; yea, my soul delighteth in his grace, and in his justice, and power, and mercy in the great and eternal plan of deliverance from death." What a wonderful thing to delight in. God truly has created and carried out a plan of deliverance. I know that through Christ and His Atonement, we will one day have glorified bodies. We have divine potential. As we rely on Him, we will be given strength to make it back to Our Father as an Eternal Family. What joy we will feel!

I love each of you! Have a tremendous week!

With Love,
Elder Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment