Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Monday, September 22, 2014

One Month!

Hey Everyone!

   As the subject of this email suggests, I've been out for a month! It's crazy how time flies when you're busy! It's been great though! And now I've only got 23 months left! But who's counting? Haha but anyway, this week was good!
   On preparation day, we played a little football! That was really fun! And then later in the week, we were all sore...but it was a good type of sore! The work here in Kinston is going well! My companion and I have been staying really busy each day, teaching the wonderful truths of the gospel. Being on a mission has really made me realize how simple the gospel is. And also, the many blessings which come from living it. When our lives are centered on Christ, we can find joy amidst any trials we may be facing. We can have hope for the future through our afflictions. (See Alma 31:38)
   The ward I'm serving in is wonderful! They are all so kind and we are fed basically every night! No matter where you are on this earth, the gospel of Jesus Christ and His church is the same. It is one church and one gospel. That is such a blessing!
   This week we had zone conference! The theme of the conference was found in Doctrine and Covenants 6:36. "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." I love how simple that phrase is! As we look unto Christ in all we do, our lives will be blessed. Our perspective on things will be brightened and our relationships with those around us will be strengthened. Christ lives and loves us. He has overcome the world. He has already performed the Atonement. All we need to do is look unto Him and trust in Him. This week, I invite you to look unto Him in all you do. I know that as you do this you will see a difference in your life. I love you all and hope that everyone has a fantastic week!


With Love,
Elder Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment