Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Monday, June 29, 2015

Somos Misioneros!

Hello Everyone!

This week was great! I'm just gonna jump right in! On Tuesday, I taught for the very first time as a missionary in Spanish! We taught a lady and the lesson actually went quite well! We hadn't realized how much she only spake Spanish and so halfway through the lesson, we called the Spanish missionaries in an adjacent area and she's going to meet with them tomorrow. But it was fun to try teaching Spanish! She even said that my Spanish was "Muy Bien", so that was nice.

On Wednesday, we had Zone Conference. It went really well and the Spirit was quite strong during the meeting we had. The power of The Book of Mormon was emphasized and we learned how to better introduce it. We also did some service that night and helped a man build a barn!

On Thursday we taught the father of our recent convert, who got baptized this last week. He speaks both English and Spanish, so I had a chance to use a little bit of my Spanish in that lesson too. Our new ward mission leader came with us and he is going to do a great job in this calling. He's just really excited to serve and has some great ideas!

On Saturday I found out who my new companion is going to be...his name is Elder Egbert! I don't know too much about him yet, but I'll meet him in two days. Some of the Recent-Converts also went to the Raleigh temple on Saturday, so that was quite exciting!

Father's day was wonderful! I am so grateful for the father that I was born with. I am also eternally thankful to be a son of Heavenly Father. We are all so blessed to have a Father in Heaven who loves us more than we can comprehend. I invite each of you to serve him more diligently. Jesus Christ said, "And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." (John 8:29) All that He did was to please the Father. Would your thoughts, words, and actions please our Father in Heaven? Let us strive to have them always please Him. As we do, we ourselves will find great joy.

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

With Love,
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment