Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Virginia Chesapeake Mission

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two Idaho Boys, Unified in Purpose!

Hello Everyone!

This week was sorta crazy(I feel like I say that a lot...), but also really good! Let me explain. The week began with sending Elder Chandler back home to Pocatello. I spent a few days with the Elders in Washington, NC after that, which was fun! We went biking around and I got to meet with a few of the members I loved from when I served there a few months ago.
On Wednesday I met Elder Egbert. He's from Wendell, Idaho and he's a magnificent missionary! He's been on his mission for 17 months, he likes basketball, white-water rafting, and he's been in Virginia for the majority of his mission. He was a little shocked at the slower pace down here.
The rest of the week went well and we found some new people to teach and are excited to continue sharing the gospel!
This morning I read President Uchtdorf's talk entitled, "Of Things That Matter Most". I thoroughly enjoyed it and the message that it shared. He talked of how we need to focus on what matters most and not think or spend so much time on other things. Along with President Uchtdorf, I invite each of you to, "...simplify our lives a little. Let us make the changes necessary to refocus our lives on the sublime beauty of the simple, humble path of Christian discipleship—the path that leads always toward a life of meaning, gladness, and peace." Focus on Christ. I know that as we do this, the promises of meaning, gladness, and peace will truly be ours.
I hope each one of you has an amazing Christ-centered week!

With Love,
Elder Rogers

P.S. I took a lot of pictures this week. The one of the painting is from a recent convert here in New Bern.







No comments:

Post a Comment